Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Deastro - Moondagger


A note to any readers: I'm finding it harder and harder to convince myself to write a decent amount for some albums. I feel like it is hard for me to keep my writing fresh and also to convey my thoughts about music in general. Thus, I may be having much shorter entries.

Deastro is very hit and miss electro pop. Several tracks are slightly annoying and unrewarding, but there are several gems too. The problem with this album is that even the tracks that aren't particularly bad, aren't intriguing at all either. The first song, Biophelia, is the best song on the album, but with the exception of that, the latter half of the album is far superior. Overall an avergae effort worth hearing for the good tracks.

Favorite Tracks: Biophelia, Moondagger, The Shaded Forests, Kurgan Wave Number One

My Rating: 5/10

-m



tracklisting:
1. Biophelia
2. Parallelogram
3. Tone Adventure #3
4. Toxic Crusaders
5. Greens, Grays, And Nordics
6. Day Of Wonder
7. Pyramid Builders
8. Daniel Johnston Was Stabbed In The Heart With The Moondagger By The King Of Darkness And His Ghost Is Writing This Song As A Warning To All Of Us
9. Rivers Of Life
10. Vermillion Plaza
11. Moondagger
12. Kurgan Wave Number One
13. The Shaded Forests (Gift Giver's Version)
14. Tree Frog

link:
http://rghost.ru/270055

No comments: