Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jordaan Mason & The Horse Museum - Divorce Lawyers I Shaved My Head


I was greatly surprised by this album. Brooding folk music. First impression upon hearing the first track was kind of meh, but it gets better from there. A minor flaw is that the album is a bit long and a little same-y, but it delivers a wonderful emotion experience so I can easily tolerate the running time.

I'm pretty sure the whole of the album is a story too, and a weird one at that. For example, the opening lyric is "My mouth is filled with his ovaries." And it only gets weirder from there. This is recommended for Neutral Milk Hotel fans though, because the vocal styling is very very similar. Listen to this as a whole.

Favorite Tracks: Wild Dogs: Divorce!, they're all good though really.

My Rating: 9/10

-m



tracklisting:
1. Bird's Nest
2. Organs For Oceans
3. Avalanches
4. Racehorse: Get Married!
5. The Wrong Parts (Vivian Sisters Singing)
6. Prayer
7. O Jarhead! O Wife!
8. Hymn/Her
9. ____ Is Water
10. (S)mother
11. Wild Dogs: Divorce!
12. After The Glandolinian War
13. Carpenter/Rebuild The Body Out Of Birds
14. 1990 Was A Long Year And We Are All Out Of Hot Water Now

link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IOP9LNPP

track 9 is corrupted, so if you are really really interested in this after hearing it, message me.

8 comments:

sunil said...

i'm yet to listen to this...did you ever get jj no 2?

Anonymous said...

Hey can you send me the proper rip of Is Water? My email is ncc5037@psu.edu Thanks!

k r i s t i a n said...

i NEED the track 9 :)

Swid said...

Number 9 is potentially my favorite!
Please send it to swidster@gmail.com thanks. Excellent music blog by the way!

Lugosi said...

Great blog, could I get track 9
boymeetsfloor@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I really like the track 9, so you can write me please sakura2988@hotmail.com
Gracias!

Unknown said...

can you please send me track #9 its my favorite! email is j.dunler@gmail.com

Masood said...

You're the best to share us about this redesign. Trust you won't get tired on making posts as enlightening as this. Bankruptcy Lawyer