Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Radical Face - Ghost


The album Ghost by Radical Face, is not necessarily treading new ground, but what it does, it does very well. Ghost is aptly named, for all the tracks seem to be connected by a recurring theme of old haunted houses and ghosts. Nearly all of the tracks evoke childhood memories from the places you grew up. Consequently, listening to this album makes wherever you are at right now feel just that little bit more homely, and certainly not in a plain way.

Perhaps I just relate really well to this record since I am at that point in my life where I no longer have a home. Though I live in a house, it is oft empty and dark, much like the houses revisited in this album. Makes me wish I lived in a time where you had one home that was central to your whole childhood. Now it feels like a house is just a house, no matter the location or the contents.

Regardless, Ghost is a pleasant trip down memory lane. The gentle explosion into the chorus of "Welcome Home, Son" is moving, "Wrapped In Piano Strings" is an addicting and standout song, and the album comes to a touching close with the track "Homesick". Simply a beautiful folk pop record.

Favorite Tracks: Welcome Home Son, Wrapped In Piano Strings, The Strangest Things

My Rating: 9/10

-M



Tracklisting:
1. Asleep On A Train
2. Welcome Home, Son
3. Let The River In
4. Glory
5. The Strangest Things
6. Wrapped In Piano Strings
7. Along The Road
8. Haunted
9. Winter Is Coming
10. Sleepwalking
11. Homesick

link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?igmuo1yw1uf

No comments: